Recipe: how to make your own CBD glühwein
Thursday evening, just after 6.00 p.m. The sun is about to set and the temperature is about to drop. Time to put on a warm autumn coat and the woolly gloves Grandma Nelly gave you last Christmas. But you can still feel a bit of a chill. Time for a glühwein! And now you can make yourself a mug of our Heimat glühwein with cannabidiol.
Recipe for Heimat CBD glühwein (for 2 servings)
- 1 bottle of red wine (we recommend this one)
- 1 organic orange
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 of a vanilla pod
- 2–3 grams of Heimat Ernst hemp flowers
- Preheat the oven to around 150 degrees.
- Pour the wine into a pan.
- Slice the orange and add it to the wine.
- Snap the cinnamon stick in two over the pan and add it to the wine.
- Slice the vanilla pod lengthways and add to the wine.
- Mix in the brown sugar.
- Simmer on the lowest heat for around 15 minutes.
- When the oven is preheated (step 1), place the Heimat hemp flowers on a piece of tin foil, fold up the edges, place on a baking tray and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Heimat hemp flowers to the glühwein mixture in the pan and continue heating on the lowest heat with the lid on for around 15 minutes.
- Strain the glühwein through a sieve.
- Glühwein with a kick: add a dash of rum, herb schnapps or a spirit of your choice.
- The cannabidiol can evaporate quickly if the hemp flowers are left in the oven for too long.
- We do not recommend adding cloves, as their flavour can drown out the flavour of the hemp.
- To best bring out the flavour and aroma of the hemp, do not serve the glühwein too hot or too cold.